Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rickijayne Rickijayne is offline

Default Auto-Correct - Plain Text or Formatted Text toggle is disabled

I need to take a "sm" and make it a formatted superscript "sm" as it is a
trademark for one of our international clients. However, I cannot seem to
enable (or re-enable) the choice in auto-correct that would allow me to
toggle between plain text or formatted.
This is on Word 2007 in the Word Options under Proofing.
Any thoughts? I tried copying and pasting the "tm" which is superscripted,
but it doesn't allow me to edit it to make it "sm".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rickijayne Rickijayne is offline

I have answered my own question, though I am sure that I tried it before and
it didn't work. But anyway. If you select the formatted text before you go
into the Word options the toggle becomes available. Just be sure to toggle to
formatted text before you paste into the auto-correct box.