Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default "save as" and "open" do not respond in MS Word

While trying to open or save documents in MS Word 2003 (and Excel), the
dialog box doesn't respond, even after waiting for 6 to 7 mins.
Microsoft's troubleshooting site said that it could be due to a
persistent mapped drive, but I disconnected and reconnected the drives
to no avail. I did all the basic diagnostics like running spyware,
defragmenting, restarting, but haven't yet re-installed Office 2003
because I'm waiting for a better solution. Please HELP!!!