Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roger P. Roger P. is offline

Default I cannot create or modify documents in 'Word'

I am a Windows XP Home Edition user ,my problem is that suddenly, I cannot
carry out normal create or modify operations oin 'Word' I can view and print
old documents ,but that is all .I have checked Powerpiot and Excel,but they
are the same .The system has been working perfectly ,but now, all but a few
ot the commands are 'greyed out'instead of being 'blue ' and active.If I try
to create or modify ,nothing happens except a message that the document is
locked for editing Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Roger,

Was the Office version on your computer a 60 day trial version (check the Help=About menu if Word 2003, if Word 2007 (Alt, T, O,
R,)
If so, and the trial expires you would be in 'reduced functionallity' mode until a license is purchased and activated.

New computers generally ship with trial versions of MS Office rather than the paid license versions unless it's specified at time of
purchase of the new PC.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP