Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ellend

Default Error message "trying to change Normal.dot" closing Word or Out?

Whenever I close Word or Outlook I get the message that I am trying to change
Normal.dot. I am not trying to do that, and don't want to. I have to close
out several screens that tell me I'm trying to do something illegal or
harmful.

I did an extensive virus scan, thinking that there might be something
damaging my version of Word. Also, I recently had some documents from China
and from France, and thought that the foreign versions might cause the
problem, but it is happening with ordinary documents that I wrote too.

Help?