Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Thesis guy Thesis guy is offline

Default Two columns, need text to 'wrap' page-to-page in own column?

I must write a thesis in a C & C (Compare and Contrast) format. I have set
up a Word document with two columns; here is my problem. As I make discovery
about one side of my subject - I need the text to wrap to the next page and
yet stay only its respective column. Then I could return at a later date
with the comparison subject and place the text in the proper corresponding
position. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Column layout in Word refers to newspaper-type columns, and that's the way
they *should* behave What you want to look into is the use of a 2-column
Table, although other options may surface here as well.

Quite frankly, though, unless you have a good deal more knowledge of how
Word works than your query might lead one to assume you might do well to
consider using a capable page layout/desktop publishing program for this
type of job.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac