Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
qumranandy qumranandy is offline

Default How to create a cross-reference to a footnote

I want to refer - in one footnote - to another footnote. Word doesn't have
an option "footnote number" in the cross-referencing pane. Of course, I can
just write the footnote number in, but if I change the text and add or
subtract footnotes, the referenced footnote number is wrong. Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie garfield-n-odie is offline

What version of Word do you have? In Word 2002, 2003, and 2007, you most
certainly CAN insert a cross-reference to a footnote number. In the
Cross-reference dialog box, choose "Footnote" in the "Reference type:"
dropdown, and then choose "Footnote number" in the "Insert reference to:"
dropdown.