Suddenly Typing in Red Underline!!!!

Old February 3rd 18, 08:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Default Suddenly Typing in Red Underline!!!!

On Wednesday, 20 May 2009 12:49:01 UTC+1, obillo wrote:
Typing in a new Word doc, all of a sudden my typing turns to red
underline--and won't allow me to change back to normal. I know I accidentally
brushed some key or other w/fingers of my right hand (I'm a v. bad 2-finger
typist) just before that happened.
Also--there are red dotted lines in my doc showing what I deleted, notes of
formatting. There's a box marked 'final showing markup' visible up in the
tool bar--I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before. Obviously I've accidentally
activated some feature or other. How do I ghet back to normal? (Normal to me
means just plain letters on the screen in the size and color of my
choice--and nothing else.)

Old February 3rd 18, 08:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

**** you

Old February 7th 18, 03:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Wednesday, 20 May 2009 10:11:42 UTC-3, grammatim wrote:
Turn off Track Changes: Ctrl-Shift-E, or double-click "TRK" in the
status bar at the bottom, or click the icon on the Reviewing toolbar
(or the Reviewing tab of the ribbon).

Then find the icon on that same toolbar/ribbon section for Accept
Change -- it's a blue checkmark. In 2003 there's a tiny arrow next to
it; click that and choose Accept All Changes. In 2007 it's a big icon
with an arrow below it -- click that and choose Accept All Changes.

On May 20, 7:49*am, obillo wrote:
Typing in a new Word doc, all of a sudden my typing turns to red
underline--and won't allow me to change back to normal. I know I accidentally
brushed some key or other w/fingers of my right hand (I'm a v. bad 2-finger
typist) just before that happened.
Also--there are red dotted lines in my doc showing what I deleted, notes of
formatting. *There's a box marked 'final showing markup' visible up in the
tool bar--I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before. Obviously I've accidentally
activated some feature or other. How do I ghet back to normal? (Normal to me
means just plain letters on the screen in the size and color of my
choice--and nothing else.)

Thank you so much!
Old April 19th 18, 01:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

You just have to press alt+ctrl+the plus on the number keyboard.😊