Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robster61 Robster61 is offline

Default word 2007 opening in single column format

Hi everyone. When I open microsoft word 2007 it defaults to opening in a "two
column" layout. I wish it to open to the "one column" format displaying as a
single page. Can anyone help me with this. I have been to word options and
can't find any help on this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you mean that two pages show on the screen at once? Adjust the
Zoom. You would need to do this in the normal.dotm template also.

If you had Word put your text into columns, maybe you mean you want to
edit it in Draft View (the rightmost of the little icons at the lower
right, just to the left of the Zoom controls; also available on the
View tab of the Ribbon).

If your document is formatted with columns and you don't want it to
be, put your cursor anywhere in the Section that has columns, and on
the Page Layout tab, choose Columns and set it to 1.

On Sep 16, 12:27*pm, Robster61
wrote:
Hi everyone. When I open microsoft word 2007 it defaults to opening in a "two
column" layout. I wish it to open to the "one column" format displaying as a
single page. Can anyone help me with this. I have been to word options and
can't find any help on this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

wrote:
Hi everyone. When I open microsoft word 2007 it defaults to opening in a "two
column" layout. I wish it to open to the "one column" format displaying as a
single page. Can anyone help me with this. I have been to word options and
can't find any help on this.

Hi Peter

Here is my issue. I am going to use MS Word 2007 so I open it. When I open
the program it opens to two columns automatically. Yes, I then go in layout
and change it to one column but I want to know if I can get MS Word to open
the first time with one column, like I am going to compose a letter. Any
help? Thanks for you reply.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

wrote:
Hi everyone. When I open microsoft word 2007 it defaults to opening in a "two
column" layout. I wish it to open to the "one column" format displaying as a
single page. Can anyone help me with this. I have been to word options and
can't find any help on this.

Hi Peter

Here is my issue. I am going to use MS Word 2007 so I open it. When I open
the program it opens to two columns automatically. Yes, I then go in layout
and change it to one column but I want to know if I can get MS Word to open
the first time with one column, like I am going to compose a letter. Any
help? Thanks for you reply.

I just figured it out. I had to open MS Word and set the margins etc to
default and then MS Word opens in a "one column" layout. Thanks.