Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lori

Default Why are my apostrophes being replaced with equal signs?

On my Word screen my apostrophes are normal looking, whether I use smart
quotes or not. When transferring files to my work they apostrophe's are
replaced by equal signs. What could be causing this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Where I most often see this is in documents originally created in
WordPerfect using the WP Typographic Symbols font for quotes, dashes, and
the like. When the document is opened on a machine that doesn't have this
font installed, the characters are displayed as the corresponding character
in the default paragraph font.