Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Edward Owen

Default Making master page that each page mimics

I've used Word a long time, but pretty much stick to the basics.

I want to put together an itinerary of a trip that will last 14 days. I
would like each page to be one day of the trip, with customizable spots for
location, travel plans, sites to be seen, some text and a few pictures.

Is it best to use a template for this? I've played just a bit with
templates, and none seem to fit what I'm looking for. Any help or guidance
to the right source would be appreciated.

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Put together a table with the things you want and places to type.
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/tables.htm.
You can even put macrobutton fields where you want to type the information.
See http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide...tm#MacroButton,
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm and
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/TblsFl...acroButton.htm for more
about macrobutton fields. Set the first row of the table to have a page
break before it. (This is under paragraph formatting.)

Select your entire table (there is a command to do this under the Tables
menu). Save it as an AutoText entry with a name like xItinerary. Then fill
in your first page. You can use the F11 key to move from field to field if
you want. When you have your first page done, go to the bottom of the page
and type xItin and press enter. Your table should pop up on a new page,
ready for you to fill in.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.