JO GS JO GS is offline
Junior Member

Default Mail Merge Conditional Formatting with Colour

Hi all,

I am trying to perform a mail merge into word using data from excel. The data is exam target grades and review grades which are colour coded according to progress made (red, amber, green and so on). Is there a code I can use to make the colour coding appear in the word document? The problem is is that the colours correspond to each individual's progress so I can't just use a simple code to make all A grades green for example:

Pupil Target Actual

1 A A* (conditional formatting recognises this is one above the target and so turns blue)
2 A* B (conditional formatting recognises this is two below the target and so turns red)
3 B C (conditional formatting recognises this is one below the target and so turns amber)
4 C C (conditional formatting recognises this is on the target and so turns green)

I think I need to copy the colours from excel rather than entering a condition in word - not sure if that makes sense so thank you so much in advance for your help!

Kind regards,
Jo