Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frustrated

Default Office Word 2003 does not save "show" settings

When I save a file and re-open it, it always displays formatting, comments,
insertions and deletions. I read the "help" section, which said to open
"tools", then "options", then "security", and to un-check "Make hidden markup
visible when opening or saving".

I have turned off comments, ink annotations, insertions and deletions,
formatting and reviewers in my "show" button. I have chosen "Final" in the
"Reviewing" toolbar. After all of that, I saved the file and upon re-opening
it, it still displays all formatting, comments, insertions, deletions and
everything. What am I doing wrong?