Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kippers kippers is offline

Default Copying heading styles to template

Hi,

I have a number of heading styles that I wish to copy to a template so that
whenever I open a Word document it uses this format for my headings. I have
gone to Tools Template and Add-Ins Organizer Styles and copied the
relevnat headings to my normal.dot file. When I then open a word docuement
the correct heading style is applied APART from the colou r whcih remains
black rather than the blue colour in my heading style.

Does anyone know why this may be?

Any help gtarefully appreciated!

cheers,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The heading color might be inherited by a "Based on" style (look in the
Modify Style dialog) which you did not copy to your template. For more on
inheritance, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...esCascade.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kippers" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a number of heading styles that I wish to copy to a template so
that
whenever I open a Word document it uses this format for my headings. I
have
gone to Tools Template and Add-Ins Organizer Styles and copied the
relevnat headings to my normal.dot file. When I then open a word docuement
the correct heading style is applied APART from the colou r whcih remains
black rather than the blue colour in my heading style.

Does anyone know why this may be?

Any help gtarefully appreciated!

cheers,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kippers kippers is offline

Thanks Stefan,

Yes, the style is based on the 'Normal' style, which is black font. The
style of 'Heading 3' should change the colour to blue though. I have tried
copying across the Normal style just to check but I still have the same
problem..

I have noticed, however, that when I select the text and apply the style to
it in the new document, the colour changes to the correct colour i.e. blue-
it just needs me to do it manually for some reason. Is there any reason that
you know of as to why the colour wouldn't change automatcially?

Thanks,

"kippers" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a number of heading styles that I wish to copy to a template so
that
whenever I open a Word document it uses this format for my headings. I
have
gone to Tools Template and Add-Ins Organizer Styles and copied the
relevnat headings to my normal.dot file. When I then open a word docuement
the correct heading style is applied APART from the colou r whcih remains
black rather than the blue colour in my heading style.

Does anyone know why this may be?

Any help gtarefully appreciated!

cheers,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Perhaps direct formatting was applied to text in the target document? As
you've seen, reapplying the style would take care of that. Another method is
to select the text and press Ctrl+SpaceBar (which explicitly clears direct
font formatting).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kippers" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a number of heading styles that I wish to copy to a template so
that
whenever I open a Word document it uses this format for my headings. I
have
gone to Tools Template and Add-Ins Organizer Styles and copied
the
relevnat headings to my normal.dot file. When I then open a word
docuement
the correct heading style is applied APART from the colou r whcih
remains
black rather than the blue colour in my heading style.

Does anyone know why this may be?

Any help gtarefully appreciated!

cheers,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement