Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ardita R. Caesari

Default word 2003 - numbering: caption numbers reset to zero

I have created headings according to the default layout. When I tried to
include "heading" in "caption numbering", all "caption heading number" in
"heading 1" (or "section one") part of the document is reset to "zero".
Therefore, instead of having "Table 1-2" as caption, I got "Table 0-2". But,
in "heading 3" (or "section 3") part of the document, the numbering works
fine and I have "Table 3-1" etc.

I tried to copy and paste the "field codes" but that doesn't work as well.

Any advise?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Captions can only include the numbering of a *specific* built-in
heading (for example, Heading 1). Where caption numbering displays as
"0-x", are you sure that the correct heading style is used?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ardita R. Caesari" wrote in message
news
I have created headings according to the default layout. When I
tried to
include "heading" in "caption numbering", all "caption heading

number" in
"heading 1" (or "section one") part of the document is reset to

"zero".
Therefore, instead of having "Table 1-2" as caption, I got "Table

0-2". But,
in "heading 3" (or "section 3") part of the document, the numbering

works
fine and I have "Table 3-1" etc.

I tried to copy and paste the "field codes" but that doesn't work as

well.

Any advise?

Please add an outlining feature like WordPerfect's. zaffcomm Microsoft Word Help 1 September 20th 05 07:21 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
AutoCaptions & Pictures in Word 2003 DKP Page Layout 2 February 17th 05 11:55 PM