Tech Writer

Default replace soft carriage return

How do I replace a soft carriage return with a hard carriage return?
Daiya Mitchell

I'm guessing you mean the things Word calls Manual Line Break and Paragraph
Mark.

If you bring up the Find&Replace dialog, and click on More, the Special menu
will enter the codes for those things and many others in the F&R dialog.

Or select and overtype.

Or were you actually trying to put a paragraph break at the end of every
automatically wrapping line?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

maril

I believe what Tech Writer means is the "soft return" which is created by
pressing SHIFT+Enter keys.

I'm trying to replace those with "hard returns" aka paragraph mark, but
cannot find anything in the "Special" menu in the Find & Replace dialog box.
Any insight to this???

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

I'm guessing you mean the things Word calls Manual Line Break and Paragraph
Mark.

If you bring up the Find&Replace dialog, and click on More, the Special menu
will enter the codes for those things and many others in the F&R dialog.

Or select and overtype.

Or were you actually trying to put a paragraph break at the end of every
automatically wrapping line?

On 7/19/05 9:00 AM, "Tech Writer" wrote:

How do I replace a soft carriage return with a hard carriage return?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Replace ^l (that's a lowercase L) with ^p. Daiya actually gave you the
information you needed. If you click More in the Find and Replace dialog,
then Special, as she described, you will see the Manual Line Break and
Paragraph Mark items; clicking on them will insert the codes I provided.

news

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

I'm guessing you mean the things Word calls Manual Line Break and

Paragraph
Mark.

If you bring up the Find&Replace dialog, and click on More, the Special

menu
will enter the codes for those things and many others in the F&R dialog.

Or select and overtype.

Or were you actually trying to put a paragraph break at the end of every
automatically wrapping line?

On 7/19/05 9:00 AM, "Tech Writer" wrote:

How do I replace a soft carriage return with a hard carriage return?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/