Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Steven

Default How do I center one line of a doc instead of the entire thing?

I'm trying to center a line in Word 2003 and it keeps centered the entire
document..it does this for formatting, too. I've used help, etc, but can't
seem to get it to stop doing this. Please send me an e-mail to see if I can
correct this problem. I've been using Word since it came out and 2003 seems
completely different from previous versions. Feeling more and more like a
dope for not being able to figure this out.
Steven

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc

Steven,
Probably your normal style that is autoupdating.
Go to the styles an formatting taskpane, click on the arrow next to your
normal style, hit change, remove the check next to autoupdate.
Luc
"Steven" schreef in bericht
I'm trying to center a line in Word 2003 and it keeps centered the entire
document..it does this for formatting, too. I've used help, etc, but
can't
seem to get it to stop doing this. Please send me an e-mail to see if I
can
correct this problem. I've been using Word since it came out and 2003
seems
completely different from previous versions. Feeling more and more like a
dope for not being able to figure this out.
Steven

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Steven

This worked! However, when I open a new document, it goes right back to
doing it again, so I need to go back into Stlyes & Formatting and check that
box EVERY time I open a new document? Is there a way to format this for
EVERYTHING I open in Word?

Thank you!!!

"Luc" wrote:

Steven,
Probably your normal style that is autoupdating.
Go to the styles an formatting taskpane, click on the arrow next to your
normal style, hit change, remove the check next to autoupdate.
Luc
"Steven" schreef in bericht
I'm trying to center a line in Word 2003 and it keeps centered the entire
document..it does this for formatting, too. I've used help, etc, but
can't
seem to get it to stop doing this. Please send me an e-mail to see if I
can
correct this problem. I've been using Word since it came out and 2003
seems
completely different from previous versions. Feeling more and more like a
dope for not being able to figure this out.
Steven

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc

Steven,
When you are in the dialogue I mentioned put all the formatting in which you
would like to be in every new document (you can see what's in already
beneath the view box). Check the box add to normal.dot which is on the
opposite side of the check box for auto updating. Hit OK. Leave Word and
restart.
It should be solved now. If not, repost and we will try to help some more.
Luc

"Steven" schreef in bericht

"Luc" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc

Steven,
Have a look here for a full explanation and remedy:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm
Luc
"Steven" schreef in bericht