HELP ME!!!

Default HOW DO I DELETE A LINE?????

I created a line in word by making dashes and then pressing enter-it turned
into a thick black line and now I can't delete it...

How can I delete it??? I have tried everything..
CyberTaz

Welllll, maybe not everything.

Try clicking in the text adjacent to the 'line', then go to FormatBorders
and Shading. On the Borders page click the Preset for None.

Those little devils can be removed immediately after the are created by just
Backspacing or Undoing. Once you go further in the creation of the doc they
are evidently converted to paragraph borders.

The feature can also be disabled easily, but specifics vary with version,
which you don't mention.

HTH |:)
"HELP ME!!!" wrote:

I created a line in word by making dashes and then pressing enter-it turned
into a thick black line and now I can't delete it...

How can I delete it??? I have tried everything..

KePaHa

To prevent Word from doing so in the future, go to Tools, AutoCorrect and on
the Autoformat as you Type tab, uncheck Border Lines.