Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ettadanreb ettadanreb is offline

Default How to insert formula on a fill in form that adds columns

I set up my fill in form as a table. The user types the numbers in the
columns. I need the columns to add at the bottom of the column and give me a
total.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi ettadanreb,

On the 'totals' row for the column concerned, create a formula field by pressing Ctrl-F9. You should see a pair of field braces (ie
'{ }'). Between the field braces, type =SUM(ABOVE), so that you end up with '{=SUM(ABOVE)}'. Then, with the properties of each
formfield that contributes to the total, ensure the:
.. data type is set to number, with the appropriate format;
.. default value is set to whatever you want it to be (not empty); and
.. 'calculate on exit' option is checked.
When you're done, protect the form.

--
Cheers
macropod