Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Daversey

Default How to prevent sql command warning when opening merge document

I am trying to automate word mail merge from access, but when I open the mail
merge document it comes up with a warning: "Opening this document will run
the following SQL command Select * from (and then the text file which merges
with the word document).
How do I automate it so I do not have to manually agree to loading the sql
command?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the following Knowledge Base article:

"Opening This Will Run the Following SQL Command" Message When You Open a
Word Document - 825765 at:

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=825765

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Daversey" wrote in message
I am trying to automate word mail merge from access, but when I open the
mail
merge document it comes up with a warning: "Opening this document will run
the following SQL command Select * from (and then the text file which
merges
with the word document).
How do I automate it so I do not have to manually agree to loading the sql
command?

Juan Carlos Silva Juan Carlos Silva is offline
Junior Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daversey View Post
I am trying to automate word mail merge from access, but when I open the mail
merge document it comes up with a warning: "Opening this document will run
the following SQL command Select * from (and then the text file which merges
with the word document).
How do I automate it so I do not have to manually agree to loading the sql
command?
I found that savind Word Document as .docx instead as .doc solves the problem.

Br,