Richard

Default In mail merge I don't want to print blank fields

How can I surpress the printing of zeros in a field that is blank in the data
source (in this cace, Excel)
Anne Troy

Version?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Richard" wrote in message
How can I surpress the printing of zeros in a field that is blank in the

data
source (in this cace, Excel)

Doug Robbins

Add the following format picture switch to the field

\# "0;-0;"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Richard" wrote in message
How can I surpress the printing of zeros in a field that is blank in the
data
source (in this cace, Excel)

Graham Mayor

I take it this is a number field - see

Richard wrote:
How can I surpress the printing of zeros in a field that is blank in
the data source (in this cace, Excel)

Richard

2002

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Version?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Richard" wrote in message
How can I surpress the printing of zeros in a field that is blank in the

data
source (in this cace, Excel)

Anne Troy

Don't use the Address Block. Instead, insert the merge fields separately.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Richard" wrote in message
2002

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Version?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Richard" wrote in message
How can I surpress the printing of zeros in a field that is blank in

the
data
source (in this cace, Excel)

Anne Troy

Hit Alt+F9, Richard. You should then be able to view the merge fields so you
can edit it.
See:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm

~Anne Troy