Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Skeddy Skeddy is offline

Default Bring Word 2003 to the front.

I hope somebody can help me.

I have a document with field cods in it which are linked to the document
properties.

In the document I have put a macro which opens up the document properties
dialogue box to let you input the information, the fools it into updating all
of the field codes by printing page 0. Not elegant I know but I couldn't find
a command to update all of the field codes.

The code is:

Application.Dialogs(750).Show

Application.PrintOut FileName:="", Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="0",
PageType:=wdPrintAllPages, _
ManualDuplexPrint:=False, Collate:=True, Background:=False,
PrintToFile:= _
False, PrintZoomColumn:=0, PrintZoomRow:=0, PrintZoomPaperWidth:=0, _
PrintZoomPaperHeight:=0

The only problem is that once the macro has run, whether it is from within
the document or from a button on the toolbar, XP will send the document down
to the taskbar if it perceives that another open application has priority, or
was open first.

Is there a way around this ? I have tried everything I can think of i.e
"ActiveDocument.Activate", "ActiveDocument.BringToFront = True" but nothing
seems to work.

I hope somebody can help as it is driving me mad.

Thanks.

Skeddy.