Bill Smith

Default change name on comment

I had a friend I would like to remain anonymous review and add some
comments/changes to a word 2002 doc.
I need to send the doc to a third party. Is there a way to leave the
comments/revisions in place but to remove or change the name of the user
associated with the comment/change?
Thanks

garfield-n-odie

You can do it with a macro:

Sub ZapCommentInitials()
Dim oCmt As Comment

For Each oCmt In ActiveDocument.Comments
oCmt.Initial = ""
oCmt.Author = ""
Next oCmt
End Sub

Putting nothing between the pairs of quotation marks ("") will delete
the author's initials and name from the comments. Putting something
like "JD" and "John Doe" will change the initials and name. If you
don't know how to install a macro, see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm .