Shubha

Default Making a table "hidden text"

I want to make a table and the content hidden. When I do so, it seems to
work in that if I have the show hidden text option off, the table is no
longer visible and the text before and after the table do get closer
together. However if I do a replace on all hidden text to delete it, the
content in the table gets deleted, but the table remains. I end up with a
blank table. How can I either make the table hidden as well, or delete *all*
the tables in my document at once?
Charles Kenyon

The following macro will delete all tables in the body of a document; it
won't reach those in headers or footers.

Sub AllTablesDelete()
' Written 2005 June 10 by Charles Kenyon
' Deletes all tables in the body of a document
'
Dim oTable As Table
For Each oTable In ActiveDocument.Tables
oTable.Delete
Next oTable
End Sub

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Shubha" wrote in message
To add to that..I want to avoid the making rows 1 point method because the
table is used internally ..so then I would have to go through and manually
change every table. It's a document that internally we need certain data
for, but externally we have to delete that data. I thought hidden text
was
the best way.

"Shubha" wrote:

I want to make a table and the content hidden. When I do so, it seems to
work in that if I have the show hidden text option off, the table is no
longer visible and the text before and after the table do get closer
together. However if I do a replace on all hidden text to delete it, the
content in the table gets deleted, but the table remains. I end up with
blank table. How can I either make the table hidden as well, or delete
*all*
the tables in my document at once?

Klaus Linke

And if you only want to delete hidden tables:

Dim oTable As Table
For Each oTable In ActiveDocument.Tables
If oTable.Range.Font.Hidden Then
oTable.Delete
End If
Next oTable

Regards,
Klaus

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:
The following macro will delete all tables in the body of a document; =

it=20
won't reach those in headers or footers.
=20
"Shubha" wrote in message=20
To add to that..I want to avoid the making rows 1 point method =

because the
table is used internally ..so then I would have to go through and =

manually
change every table. It's a document that internally we need certain =

data
for, but externally we have to delete that data. I thought hidden =

text=20
was
the best way.

"Shubha" wrote:

I want to make a table and the content hidden. When I do so, it =

seems to
work in that if I have the show hidden text option off, the table is =

no
longer visible and the text before and after the table do get closer
together. However if I do a replace on all hidden text to delete =

it, the
content in the table gets deleted, but the table remains. I end up =

with=20
blank table. How can I either make the table hidden as well, or =

delete=20
*all*
the tables in my document at once?=20

=20