Gerry Fail

Default i need the sberet file in microsoft office

I am having the same issue, except that I have the original installation
disks and they do not work. I have a DELL desktop systems with all of the
current microsoft Service Packs and updates on it. I installed the Microsoft
office Basic suite myself (it was not installed as an OEM package by DELL).
I have about eight computers affected by this all with peripheral support
software such as SpamCop and others, integrated with Outlook and Office. If
I uninstall Office and reinstall, I lose all of the settings and definitions
that have taken months to accumulate (especially for Spam Cop). I cannot run
the Detect and Repair function in Outlook without this SBERET.MSI file. Any
suggestions?

Gerry

"Beth Melton" wrote:

If you don't have your Office installation disks then I don't think
there is much you can do.

Office is looking for the sberet.msi file which a Windows Installer
file created by the OEM. You can use a utility to zap the Windows
Installer entries however you need the Office installation CDs in
order to reinstall Office and create new Windows Installer entries
that point to your Office CDs instead of the OEM's file.

You need to contact the OEM and request replacement CDs. However since
you indicate it is an older version of Office I suspect you'll be out
of luck. :-(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"adrianwi" wrote in message
I have downlaod some updates from microsoft. It was done
automatically.
However now I can not open my word program. Excel, and all the other
ones
work fine. It keeps telling me to insert my office disk, which I do
not have.
Older computer and a couple of moves later, who knows where they
are. It
keeps looking for a sberet file to continue.