Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
teebee0831 teebee0831 is offline

Default Keyboard Shortcuts Don't Work

Is there any reason why the standard keyboard shortcuts do not work in XL or
Word. For example, hitting F2 in XL does nothing, or pressing F4.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you have an F Lock on your keyboard? If so, try toggling it to see if the
functionality returns.

The other usual "culprit" when such functionality disappears is that a
foreign keyboard has been switched on accidentally. Check the Language
toolbar on your Windows taskbar if the F Lock problem doesn't explain the
loss of functionality.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"teebee0831" wrote in message
news
Is there any reason why the standard keyboard shortcuts do not work in XL
or
Word. For example, hitting F2 in XL does nothing, or pressing F4.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gschwartz gschwartz is offline

I'm having the same issue as this person. None of the usual shortcut keys
that use the ctrl key are working. What is an f lock and how can I find out
if I have one? Also, how do I check the language setting? Thanks.

Keyboard shortcuts LurfysMa New Users 1 June 12th 07 04:06 PM
keyboard shortcuts Rupert Bear Microsoft Word Help 4 December 28th 06 03:37 PM
Keyboard Shortcuts Hango Microsoft Word Help 3 March 8th 06 03:15 PM
Menu keyboard shortcuts Sharon Microsoft Word Help 6 November 29th 05 11:22 PM
keyboard shortcuts Dave in MP Microsoft Word Help 1 December 15th 04 10:23 AM