Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cjlatta

Default Postcards changing to 2 pages in Word2003?

We've created a couple of post cards in Word 2000 (we run them on perferated
paper). When we've opened them in Word 2003 it becomes a 2 page document -
the first page contains the same 4 postcards as in Word 2000, but the 2nd
page is blank. Have tried to use the "shrink to fit" option - no luck, have
tried using the paragraph markings symbol to delete any characters on the
second page - nothing to delete. How do we use what we've already created,
but maintain the single page? Or, how do we create a new blank postcard (in
Word 2003) and copy/paste the text from the old postcard into each section?
Or any other ideas?
Thanks! (hope this is the right place to post this!)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm. If you use a label
definition from Word's Envelopes and Labels dialog, you won't run into this
problem, as it works around it.

"cjlatta" wrote in message
We've created a couple of post cards in Word 2000 (we run them on

perferated
paper). When we've opened them in Word 2003 it becomes a 2 page

document -
the first page contains the same 4 postcards as in Word 2000, but the 2nd
page is blank. Have tried to use the "shrink to fit" option - no luck,

have
tried using the paragraph markings symbol to delete any characters on the
second page - nothing to delete. How do we use what we've already

created,
but maintain the single page? Or, how do we create a new blank postcard

(in
Word 2003) and copy/paste the text from the old postcard into each

section?
Or any other ideas?
Thanks! (hope this is the right place to post this!)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cjlatta

Thanks Suzanne - that was it. For future reference, what label definition do
we use to get a generic 4 part postcard?
Appreciate the help!

"cjlatta" wrote in message
We've created a couple of post cards in Word 2000 (we run them on

perferated
paper). When we've opened them in Word 2003 it becomes a 2 page

document -
the first page contains the same 4 postcards as in Word 2000, but the 2nd
page is blank. Have tried to use the "shrink to fit" option - no luck,

have
tried using the paragraph markings symbol to delete any characters on the
second page - nothing to delete. How do we use what we've already

created,
but maintain the single page? Or, how do we create a new blank postcard

(in
Word 2003) and copy/paste the text from the old postcard into each

section?
Or any other ideas?
Thanks! (hope this is the right place to post this!)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Assuming you're using landscape postcards, try Avery 3263 or 8387. For
portrait cards (such as 4-up invitations), use 5845 Note card. Choose the
appropriate one, then click New Document to get a sheet or use the Mail
Merge Wizard/Helper.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm. If you use a label
definition from Word's Envelopes and Labels dialog, you won't run into

this
problem, as it works around it.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.