Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tinks tinks is offline

Default Column format-creating Table of Contents entries for Images

Hi,
In a 2 column formatted report, we are pasting images that were excel
spreadsheets using picture (enhanced metafile). I need to create either a
TOC entry or an index entry for these Graphics, I usually use a caption,
however, I cannot seem to apply a caption to this type of graphic. Is Word
limited to applying captions to certains types of graphics? If so, what is
the best way to get a spreadsheet into a 2 column format Word 2007 document
so that I can have the Table of Contents update automatically.
Thanks for the help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There is no limitation on to what you can insert a caption. In fact, you
can insert a caption to nothing.

A figure caption inserted via the Caption facility is merely the word
Figure, followed by a SEQ field

If you insert such a caption and then toggle on the display of field codes,
you will see:

Figure { SEQ Figure \* ARABIC }

--
Hope this helps.