RSQUAREDPGH

Default DOCUMENT ORDER; DOCUMENT PRINTING

My Word 2003 Open box lists the documents in reverse alphabetic order - Z to
A.
How do I get it to list A to Z?
In a possibly related problem, Word documents print back to front, even
though front to back is chosen in Word - Print Properties and Control Panel -
Printers.
How do I restore the ability to choose the print direction I want?

Jezebel

Click 'Name' at the top of the list. (as in any Windows Explorer dialog).

This has nothing at all to do with printing. The order of pages can be
controlled both in Word (as you describe) and also through the printer
driver settings. These settings are independent of each other -- if you set
them both to reverse, you're back to where you started from. Go to Printer
Properties and explore.

"RSQUAREDPGH" wrote in message
My Word 2003 Open box lists the documents in reverse alphabetic order - Z
A.
How do I get it to list A to Z?
In a possibly related problem, Word documents print back to front, even
though front to back is chosen in Word - Print Properties and Control
Panel -
Printers.
How do I restore the ability to choose the print direction I want?

Jay Freedman

RSQUAREDPGH wrote:
My Word 2003 Open box lists the documents in reverse alphabetic order
- Z to A.
How do I get it to list A to Z?
In a possibly related problem, Word documents print back to front,
even though front to back is chosen in Word - Print Properties and
Control Panel - Printers.
How do I restore the ability to choose the print direction I want?

These two things aren't related except by the idea of "reversing".

For the Open dialog, right-click in the file list and click View Details.
Then click the Name heading at the top of the box; repeatedly clicking
switches between ascending and descending sort order. When it's ascending,
you can then right-click and choose the view you want, and the order will
stay.

For the printing problem, you may have reverse printing selected in the
printer driver, which is separate from Word's setting. In the Print dialog,
click the Properties button to get to the driver's options and look for a
"reverse" or "back to front" option that you can uncheck.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman