Pat Clifford

Default look at the second character in a mergefield in expressions

I am trying to build an expression that will make the program look at
mergefield contents, and depending on the first letter of each content print
my own text. So far this has worked well, but now I am faced with one field
content where I really need the second letter specifically to be Q and the
program needs to ignore the first, which is used by another area. To date
what I get is a response to the first letter despite, trying to say that the
field should equal "LQ*" not "L*". Any suggestions?
Doug Robbins

I am not sure how you are trying to do this, but you should realise that
Word is a word processor. If you want to manipulate data, you should use a
database such as Access.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.