Francis Wellington

Default I would like to use msword as a txt so when I paste something woul

I would like to us msword as a txt so when I paste something from the
internet let's say I won't have to change it to TXT for a font of txt type.
i.e. if something is paste from the ie into ms word form the internet
explorer the fonts are pasted as in the browser and then usually the person
is able to change it. Now if you paste the same thing into the notepad would
be as default with no fonts setup. So my question is how do I set the MSword
to be use in this way as just a simple editor but having all the resources of
macros and others tools available???
Joseph McGuire

You can paste stuff from other sources, including other Word documents,
directly into Word documents without trying to use Text. The problem is
that any stuff you Paste into a Word document brings along its formatting.
If it is from another Word document it brings its styles with it, which can
create a lot of formatting havoc in your document. If the name of the style
is the same as at the point of insertion, Word will update the style of the
incoming text to match that of the document into which you are pasting. If
the formatting is the same you may never even notice.

In Word 2000/2002 you want to use Paste Special (as opposed to Paste).
After you copy your text from the source, go to your Word document, put your
cursor where you want the text to be pasted and click Edit, Paste Special.
You will have a few choices, but to preserve the formatting of your document
select Unformatted Text. Your text will be pasted and will take on whatever
formatting you have in effect at the point of insertion.

The effect is to turn the incoming stuff into text, not the other way
around.

"Francis Wellington" Francis wrote in
message ...
I would like to us msword as a txt so when I paste something from the
internet let's say I won't have to change it to TXT for a font of txt

type.
i.e. if something is paste from the ie into ms word form the internet
explorer the fonts are pasted as in the browser and then usually the

person
is able to change it. Now if you paste the same thing into the notepad

would
be as default with no fonts setup. So my question is how do I set the

MSword
to be use in this way as just a simple editor but having all the resources

of
macros and others tools available???

Michael R

Francis Wellington wrote:
I would like to us msword as a txt so when I paste something from the
internet let's say I won't have to change it to TXT for a font of txt type.
i.e. if something is paste from the ie into ms word form the internet
explorer the fonts are pasted as in the browser and then usually the person
is able to change it. Now if you paste the same thing into the notepad would
be as default with no fonts setup. So my question is how do I set the MSword
to be use in this way as just a simple editor but having all the resources of
macros and others tools available???

To my knowledge, you really cant do what you're asking "automatically".
Word is a specialized word processing app while notepad isnt. It's
(Word that is) working the way the majority of people who use it want it
to work.

Try this

whenever you paste into Word (sny sort of text at all), select edit,
paste SPECIAL, and then choose unformatted text. This will give you
what you're looking for.

Good Luck

mike

Joseph McGuire

I am not sure what you want to do. If you want to paste text from the
Internet or other documents into Word without bringing its formatting with
it, use Paste Special (Edit, Paste Special and select Unformatted Text of
its equivalent). The incoming text will then have the attributes and
formatting that was already in effect at the point of insertion.