Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert McN Robert McN is offline

Default Removing strange marks in footer

I have been working on a long document. I just noticed that left and right
sides of the footer, there are vertical lines. They are beneath the page
number, so I can't even click on them. A;though I didn't use the "track
changes" in this document, I tried to use the "reject all changes in this
document," using the "track changes," tool. That didn't help. Any idea where
these marks came from and how can I remove them?

Thanks very much,
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Place the cursor in the footer paragraph, and then choose Format |
Borders and Shading. Remove any borders applied.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Robert McN" wrote in message
I have been working on a long document. I just noticed that left

and right
sides of the footer, there are vertical lines. They are beneath the

page
number, so I can't even click on them. A;though I didn't use the

"track
changes" in this document, I tried to use the "reject all changes in

this
document," using the "track changes," tool. That didn't help. Any

idea where
these marks came from and how can I remove them?

Thanks very much,
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline