Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sandcrab sandcrab is offline

Default Error message creating an envelope

I'm using Word 2007 on Windows Vista Home Premium.

Whenever I try to "Print" or "Add to Document" an ordinary #10 envelope, I
get the following error message:

The number must be between 1 and 31.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I don't know what's going wrong and cannot test with Word 2007 at the
moment, but
a. I would submit a request via Microsoft's e-mail support service (see
e.g.

(NB, the people in here are just volunteers, not Microsoft people)
b. it may be worth trying to set up a custom envelope size (if it works the
same way as Word 2003, scroll to the bottom of the list of envelope sizes
and you should find custom...)

Peter Jamieson

"sandcrab" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2007 on Windows Vista Home Premium.

Whenever I try to "Print" or "Add to Document" an ordinary #10 envelope, I
get the following error message:

The number must be between 1 and 31.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sandcrab sandcrab is offline

I created an envelope template as a workaround but I'd like to see the
problem fixed without having to pay for support. The KB lists a similar
problem for labels.

"sandcrab" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2007 on Windows Vista Home Premium.

Whenever I try to "Print" or "Add to Document" an ordinary #10 envelope, I
get the following error message:

The number must be between 1 and 31.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Yes, I saw that KB article.

As I understand it, the e-mail support is free if it's within the "warranty
period" and IMO Microsoft should fix this problem. Whether they will or not
is another matter.

Peter Jamieson

"sandcrab" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2007 on Windows Vista Home Premium.

Whenever I try to "Print" or "Add to Document" an ordinary #10
envelope, I
get the following error message:

The number must be between 1 and 31.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Monalisa Monalisa is offline

Did you have a resolution to this problem? I have a user with this same
issue... strangely this was working fine until May 24th. I cannot recreate
this issue on another PC. Interested to know if there is anything more than
the workaround. I did try to "repair" Office 2007 to fix this issue with no
luck.

"sandcrab" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2007 on Windows Vista Home Premium.

Whenever I try to "Print" or "Add to Document" an ordinary #10
envelope, I
get the following error message:

The number must be between 1 and 31.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Monalisa Monalisa is offline

It appears this issues is related to the users profile. Once I renamed the
current user profile to 'old' and had the user log on to create a new
profile, viola ~ working just as it did before. If anyone knows what causes
this to happen, I'd love to know why or how to avoid the issue in the future.
As for now, I'm going to use this as my fix. I'm still open to discussion
on this topic!