Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bettina Bettina is offline

Default In word, how do I calculate cells in a table?

I have created a form so a user can enter a number. I would like the column
to have a text box but I would like the total box to equal the numbers above?

Please help?
Thank you very much.
--
Bettina
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If this is a protected form into which amounts are entered into form fields,
check the calculate on exit check box properties of the relevant fields and
where you want the calculation, use a formula field to recall those amounts
eg

{={Text1} + {Text2} + {Text3}}

Do not put the field in a text box - put it in a table cell.