jdh428

Default Problem with Hyperlinks, Embed, and Page _ of _

Hi -- this problem just started recently and I have never seen it before.
Here's what is happening:

- When I type a URL in (e.g. http://www.microsoft.com) and press enter, it
shows up like { HYPERLINK http://www.hotmail.com }. I recently opened a
document, and now it is not working correctly, I i see { EMBED Equation.3 }
Instead of what is supposed to be there. Also, the footer page _ of _ appears
like PAGE {PAGE} of {NUMPAGES}. What can i do to resolve this problem? Thanks!

-----------------------
~ Josh
Charles Kenyon

Toggle your display of field codes. Alt-F9
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"jdh428" wrote in message
Hi -- this problem just started recently and I have never seen it before.
Here's what is happening:

- When I type a URL in (e.g. http://www.microsoft.com) and press enter, it
shows up like { HYPERLINK http://www.hotmail.com }. I recently opened a
document, and now it is not working correctly, I i see { EMBED
Equation.3 }
Instead of what is supposed to be there. Also, the footer page _ of _
appears
like PAGE {PAGE} of {NUMPAGES}. What can i do to resolve this problem?
Thanks!

~ Josh

Genine

Hi Josh
Press Alt F9 to toggle your field code display.
If this doesn't work, go to Tools Options View and make sure there is no
tick in the Field Codes box.
Genine