Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DRobertson97 DRobertson97 is offline

Default How do I find specific document file by text search?

In Word 97 I could click open file and then search text from all documents to
get a list of documents that contained a particular word or phrase. Anyone
know how to do this in Word 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 14:06:05 -0800, DRobertson97
wrote:

In Word 97 I could click open file and then search text from all documents to
get a list of documents that contained a particular word or phrase. Anyone
know how to do this in Word 2007?

The Find command has been dropped from the Office dialogs in favor of the better
Find tool in Windows. Use the Search box in Computer (also called My Computer or
Windows Explorer, depending on the Windows version), or press Windows key + F.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman