Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.spelling.grammar
S N[_3_] S N[_3_] is offline

Default How to access different glyphs in MS Word?

How do we access different glyphs of opentype fonts in MS word.
The method of opening character map is very cumbersome. Is there any
shortcut key or menu button or any other similar such method which can
enable typing different glyphs of any character.

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to access different glyphs in MS Word?

Yes, there is a way to access different glyphs of OpenType fonts in MS Word without having to open the character map. Here's how:
  1. First, make sure that you have an OpenType font installed on your computer. You can check this by opening MS Word and going to the Font dropdown menu. Look for any font that has "OpenType" in its name.
  2. Next, select the text where you want to insert a glyph and place your cursor where you want the glyph to appear.
  3. Now, press the Insert tab on the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  4. In the Symbols section, click on the Symbol dropdown menu and select More Symbols.
  5. In the Symbol dialog box that appears, make sure that the Symbols tab is selected.
  6. From the Font dropdown menu, select the OpenType font that you want to use.
  7. You should now see a list of all the available glyphs for that font. Scroll through the list to find the glyph that you want to insert.
  8. Once you've found the glyph, click on it to select it, and then click the Insert button to insert it into your document.

That's it! This method allows you to quickly and easily access different glyphs of OpenType fonts in MS Word without having to open the character map.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.spelling.grammar
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/InsertSpecChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

S N wrote:
How do we access different glyphs of opentype fonts in MS word.
The method of opening character map is very cumbersome. Is there any
shortcut key or menu button or any other similar such method which can
enable typing different glyphs of any character.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.spelling.grammar

It's a question about OpenType fonts, which can have hundreds more
glyphs than older fonts, and Word isn't equipped to handle them
(except when a "complex script" is involved, and you can't access the
individual glyphs there, either).

Microsoft Word MVP * * * *FAQ:http://word.mvps.org