Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
label label is offline

Default how do i print address labels without printing the template

I set up a template that opens automatically when I open word, however when i
go to print a label the template prints as well. How can i avoid this from
happening?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you have added content (such as a header or footer) to Normal.dot, then
this content will be replicated when you print labels, which are based on
Normal.dot. This is why we don't advise adding content to Normal.dot or
otherwise modifying it much beyond margins and default font or paragraph
style. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm

"label" wrote in message
I set up a template that opens automatically when I open word, however when
go to print a label the template prints as well. How can i avoid this
from
happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charlotte Charlotte is offline

Can't answer your question but maybe you can help me. I have merged my info
into the mailing (word2008) but when I go to print the labels I get just one
per page or several pages of just one address. I want to do mailing labels
to different addresses but can't get a sheet of 30 labels to prints the
different addresses. Help

"label" wrote in message
I set up a template that opens automatically when I open word, however when
go to print a label the template prints as well. How can i avoid this
from
happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See where what you are doing differs from the information in the article
"Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at

or "Mail Merge with Word 2007" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at

http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"label" wrote in message
I set up a template that opens automatically when I open word, however
when
go to print a label the template prints as well. How can i avoid this
from
happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sally Sally is offline

Remove the 'border lines' from your template and they will not show up on
your document.