Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word Table is Flickering! Word Table is Flickering! is offline

Default Inserting Pictures as In-line with Text is Driving me CRAZY!

Why is it that sometimes when I insert a picture into a document as 'inline
with text', half of the picture shows up, and the other half is hiding behind
text? Or sometimes the outline of the picture is only present, with the
picture itself actually missing? Is there something that I cannot see?

Normally I change the picture layout to 'In Front of Text, and it usually
fixes the problem by me hitting the enter button several times and then
dragging the picture over the enters, to be where I want it. The major
problem is that I work with engineers , and some of them require that I use
the 'Inline with Text' layout in their documents...but it drives me crazy
when I cannot paste it in as that. They cannot understand why I paste
pictures in as 'In Front of Text'....and I can't explain it either!

Is there someone out there that knows a trick to make these pictures
actually paste in as 'In Line with Text'...and show up?! PLEASE HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Look at the style definition and/or the direct formatting of the paragraph
where you're inserting the picture in-line. If the line spacing is set to an
Exactly value, only that much of the bottom of the picture will be shown --
the rest will "disappear" behind the lines of text above.

If the style is defined with Exactly line spacing, change it to Single or
anything else, and check the "Add to template" box in the Modify Style
dialog before clicking OK. If the style is already something other than
Exactly, just remove the direct formatting.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman