Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jamie

Default Table of Contents in MasterMain Doc

I created a Word merge document for report specifications. The data elements
are all in Access. The merge works perfectly, with one exception. I have a
Table of Contents with bookmarks as the second page. The initial merge will
show the page numbers, but when I print or save, they all revert to Error!
Bookmark not defined.

In the newly merged document, instead of field links to the document
sections that I can't toggle or update, there is a hyperlink instead. All it
does is move the cursor to the beginning of the first page. I have read and
reread the help on bookmarks, TOC, and merging.

Any ideas for making the TOC work in a Docment Merge? What am I doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Select the table of contents and then use Ctrl+Shift+F9 to unlink it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jamie" wrote in message
I created a Word merge document for report specifications. The data
elements
are all in Access. The merge works perfectly, with one exception. I have a
Table of Contents with bookmarks as the second page. The initial merge
will
show the page numbers, but when I print or save, they all revert to Error!
Bookmark not defined.

In the newly merged document, instead of field links to the document
sections that I can't toggle or update, there is a hyperlink instead. All
it
does is move the cursor to the beginning of the first page. I have read
and
reread the help on bookmarks, TOC, and merging.

Any ideas for making the TOC work in a Docment Merge? What am I doing
wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jamie

I will give that a try. I assume that by unlinking the TOC it will not
function when merged. Thanks for the quick response. I have looked at so many
KB docs today.