Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Strikex411

Default Free Trial-Need Product Key to download-Online info Site?

In buying a new laptop, I was given a 60 day free Microsoft Office trial;
however, it did not come with a product key number. Somewhere (I cannot find
now) it said to go to a certain website to obtain a temp product key. Could
you possibly direct me to that site. Alternatively, I have Microsoft XP Home
Edition; however, when I tried to download, it indicated that the Microsoft
program on my laptop superceded this XP version and that I would wipe out all
if I tried to download. HELP!! I think my best bet is to find a temp
product key number and if you can tell me if downloading the XP version I
have (1985-2001) would be a mistake, please advise. All I really need is
the Word portion of it (unless the new version includes DVD stuff -- I know
more about brain surgery, so sorry -- I would appreciate relying on your
expertise. Thank you, in advance. Respectfully,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed O'Brien

As far as I know you cannot obtain a 'temporary' product key.

Look here for the best guide....
http://search.microsoft.com/results....se+product+key

Hope this helps.

Ed

"Strikex411" wrote in message
[...]

Store image as part of layout and publish to web site for download Iver Erling Årva Page Layout 3 January 24th 06 02:39 PM
Update problem Roy Smith New Users 2 October 12th 05 10:47 PM
File Conversion message on download of word doc from a web site joefly727 Microsoft Word Help 0 July 20th 05 09:16 PM
Is there a feature to download Microsoft Word (free) from your we. Microsoft Word New Users 4 December 11th 04 04:32 AM