Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pjpl55 pjpl55 is offline

Default Change print preview default %

How do I change the default size (%) in Word 2002 print preview?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Intercept the FilePrintPreview command with the following macro in
normal.dot:

Sub FilePrintPreview()
Application.PrintPreview = Not Application.PrintPreview

If Application.PrintPreview Then
ActiveWindow.View.Zoom.Percentage = 100
'If you don't want 100% zoom, use a different value.
End If

End Sub

If you need assistance, see http://gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"pjpl55" wrote in message
How do I change the default size (%) in Word 2002 print preview?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cone Cone is offline

Is there an easier way? For some reason my preview is now coming up at 10%
and not 100% and i know that i never went into the macro (because i don't
know how to intercept a command in a macro. Sorry not too computer savy.
thanks

"pjpl55" wrote in message
How do I change the default size (%) in Word 2002 print preview?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cone Cone is offline

Please disregard my last question. I found the answer by clicking on the one
page option next to print preview icon and now it opens to %53 . Thanks
anyway

"pjpl55" wrote in message
How do I change the default size (%) in Word 2002 print preview?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Cretaing a macro with the same name as a built-in command intercepts that
command, so simply installing the macro -
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm - would intercept the
PrintPreview command.

"pjpl55" wrote in message
How do I change the default size (%) in Word 2002 print preview?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note, however, that the zoom percentage doesn't necessarily stick with Print
Preview, if you save, close and reopen the document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP