Goldie

Default How do i make Windows XP coputer accept resume template?

I have a dell windows XP computer. I downloaded a file for work at home jobs
and the resume template wont come up. It says it requires Word 97 or later. I
thought my computer was delivered with the most current updates. How do i get
it to work properly.
garfield-n-odie

Hi, Goldie. Microsoft Word and/or Microsoft Office are separate programs
from Windows XP, and they do not automatically come with Windows XP. Did you
pay extra for Word or Office? Is Word or Office actually installed on your
computer? One way to check is to click on Start | Control Panel | Add/Remove
Programs, and see if there is an entry in the list of installed programs for
Microsoft Office XP, Microsoft Office 2003, Microsoft Word 2002, or Microsoft
Word 2003.

"Goldie" wrote:

I have a dell windows XP computer. I downloaded a file for work at home jobs
and the resume template wont come up. It says it requires Word 97 or later. I
thought my computer was delivered with the most current updates. How do i get
it to work properly.

Barb Reinhardt

I just purchase a new computer for use at home. It came with a trial
version of Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and when the time is up, I'll need to
purchase it. I didn't see any systems that came with Office in the bundle.

"Goldie" wrote:

I have a dell windows XP computer. I downloaded a file for work at home

jobs
and the resume template wont come up. It says it requires Word 97 or

later. I
thought my computer was delivered with the most current updates. How do

i get
it to work properly.

goldie

"Goldie" wrote:

I have a dell windows XP computer. I downloaded a file for work at home jobs
and the resume template wont come up. It says it requires Word 97 or later. I
thought my computer was delivered with the most current updates. How do i get
it to work properly.

Thanx garfield i checked control panel and i dont have any that say word 97
or later. How do i get it installed or have i just waisted 45.00?
garfield-n-odie

Hi, goldie. Whether that template is worth $45, I don't know. If you
just want to view and/or print the template, you might be able to do
that with Wordpad, which does come with Windows XP. Or you can download
the free "Word Viewer 97-2000 for Windows 95 and Windows NT" from
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=165908 and use that to view and/or
print the template. Or you can download a trial version of Office 2003
from http://www.microsoft.com/office/trial/default.mspx, which will work
for about 60 days before it stops allowing you to create or edit
documents (you'll want a fast internet connection for this because the
download is really huge).

goldie wrote:

Thanx garfield i checked control panel and i dont have any that say word 97
or later. How do i get it installed or have i just waisted 45.00?

garfield-n-odie

Hi, Barb. If you custom order a home PC from Hewlett Packard, they
offer a full (not trial) OEM version of Office 2003 Basic preinstalled
for +$150 or a full OEM version of Office 2003 Small Business for +$300.
If you custom order a home PC from Gateway, they offer several
different full (not trial) OEM/retail/upgrade versions of Office 2003
preinstalled for +$160 to +$460. I would expect other PC manufacturers
have similar programs.