Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Microsoft Word 2003

Default save version function appears to not be working - Word 2003

My saving versions of a document function is not working. I make changes and
click file and verions (check save version box) enter first draft, etc., and
then per instructions try to go back and delete different versions. But the
three (3) different versions that I need are not there. Help. What am I
doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shauna Kelly

Hi

I wouldn't recommend using Word's versioning feature. Apart from anything
else, you end up with a huge file, because Word keeps all the information
from all the various versions in one file.

A better solution is to keep a separate file for each version of the
document. Either copy the file and re-name it, or to use File Save As. So
you end up with, say, Budget 2006_Version1.doc, Budget 2006_Version2.doc,
etc. I often put the date in the name, too.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Microsoft Word 2003" Microsoft Word wrote
in message ...
My saving versions of a document function is not working. I make changes
and
click file and verions (check save version box) enter first draft, etc.,
and
then per instructions try to go back and delete different versions. But
the
three (3) different versions that I need are not there. Help. What am I
doing wrong?

chapter & page number @ bottom of page Grace Page Layout 9 October 12th 05 06:38 AM
How do I get rid of page numbers. The page number virus flamestar Microsoft Word Help 3 August 19th 05 02:31 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
How do I create & merge specific data base & master documents? maggiev New Users 2 January 13th 05 12:30 AM