Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Convert old files

Default How do I convert an old word 5.0 for DOS file into Word 97?

Once upon a time... I used the old Word 5.0 for DOS, without any "Windows"
programms. Now I would like to convert these old files in the Word 97 format,
without loosing any formatation: Footnotes, Pages, Indexes etc. Do I have a
chance?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Have you tried?

If needed, change the extension on a copy of the file to .doc. Open it.

Note, do not work with removable media from Word. This means floppies, CDR,
memory sticks. Put the file on your hard drive.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Convert old files" Convert old wrote in
message ...