Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dan[_8_] Dan[_8_] is offline

Default INCLUDETEXT not including header and footer?

Depending on my data I want to include entire word documents including
their respective headers and footers on pages 2 or 3 of my mail
merge. My code is a simple {INCLUDETEXT "document.doc"} and only
brings the formatted body of the "document.doc" document. I can't seem
to find any information on being able to do this, is it not possible?
The headers and footers are specific to which document I want to
include. There are many possible documents and editing each one to
place the header and footer in the body would take a long time.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I would send the document as an attachment (probably after converting it to
..pdf)

See the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Dan" wrote in message
Depending on my data I want to include entire word documents including
their respective headers and footers on pages 2 or 3 of my mail
merge. My code is a simple {INCLUDETEXT "document.doc"} and only
brings the formatted body of the "document.doc" document. I can't seem
to find any information on being able to do this, is it not possible?
The headers and footers are specific to which document I want to
include. There are many possible documents and editing each one to
place the header and footer in the body would take a long time.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dan[_8_] Dan[_8_] is offline

Except we aren't emailing this merge, we're stuffing it into
envelopes

See the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" athttp://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/MergeWithAttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Depending on my data I want to include entire word documents including
their respective headers and footers on pages 2 or 3 of my mail
merge. *My code is a simple {INCLUDETEXT "document.doc"} and only
brings the formatted body of the "document.doc" document. I can't seem
to find any information on being able to do this, is it not possible?
The headers and footers are specific to which document I want to
include. *There are many possible documents and editing each one to
place the header and footer in the body would take a long time.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You would need use VBA to create a 'roll-your-own' equivalent to mail merge
that interrogated the data source for the value in the field that indicates
what other document has to be included and then during the printing process,
interleaves those documents with the mail merge document itself.

Alternatively, you could used the Snagit printer from www.techsmith.com to
create a graphic image of the document which is to be included and use an
IncludePicture field to insert that were required.

Bear in mind however that only a single page document can be inserted in
such cases. You can of course create multiple graphic images and have each
one inserted using a separate IncludePicture field for each.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.