Consecutive number question

Old June 22nd 05, 03:06 PM
Crhoff

Default Consecutive number question

How do I construct a Field so I can start with a particular mumber (say 200)
and then each page will increase the number by 1. ie 201, 202, 203 etc.

Thanks

Old June 22nd 05, 04:04 PM
Graham Mayor

{={Page} + 200}

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old June 23rd 05, 02:02 PM
Crhoff

I'm using Word 97 and it doesn't seem to work. Do you know if iy will work
in Word 2000.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
{={Page} + 200}

Old June 23rd 05, 03:14 PM
Doug Robbins

It will work in all versions of Word, including 97. However, you must use
Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters. Press Alt+F9 to toggle off
the display of field codes.

The field of course will have to be in the Header or Footer of the document
or repeated manually on each page.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Old June 24th 05, 06:25 AM
Graham Mayor

If you get syntax error aafter you have made the corrections Doug indicated,
select the field and click F9 to update to the new content.