Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lin McDowell

Default I'm having trouble with page number footers and alternating header

I have composed a 9-chapter book in Word 2002 SP3. I am only able to either,
A) number the book (footers, starting on the 6th document page, the
Introduction), or B) insert alternating headers, with the book title running
throughout on one side and the chapter titles on the other. For this last
scenario, I had the book title as a running head throughout the document on
even-numbered pages, and I inserted section breaks for each chapter and had
the chapter titles running on the odd-numbered pages. When I try to add the
headers to the numbered pages, the section breaks and odd-even page setup
defeats the numbering. When I try to add numbers to the pages with headers,
even though I am using the footers dialogue box, it changes the headers.
Should I be doing all of this in some order that I'm not aware of? Thanks
for any help.