Duncan McDonald

Default Working with Mergefields

Hi Graham

Thanks for your help.

The site I was directed to is good but there appears to be a discrepancy
with the calculation of adding 'n' months. If you add n=6 to 1/12/04 the
answer comes out as 30/6/05.

I agree excel would be better to use but I would prefer to avoid it if
possible

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If this is an excel data file, it will be simpler to add another column to
the file and use it to calculate the date required.
Otherwise you are going to have to investigate the complexity of calculated
fields - see
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...&Number=249902

Duncan wrote:
I have a document that inputs data using mergefields. One
peice of data is a date called 'StartDate' another is
'Duration'.
Duration is in number of months and StartDate is a date.
I need to:
a) add the duration to the date + one day and output
through the document.
b) If the date is entered 'd/mm/yyyy' I want the output
date to be formatted as ie. 21st January 2004 both for the
StartDate value and the calculated date value

Any help would be appreciated