Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zalamander zalamander is offline

Default how doI unprotect a word 2003 form?

I have some forms that I made with Word 2003 they just had a regular lock, no
password or anything.
Now i have opened one up and filled it with data but I want to unlock it so
that I can spell check the text fields. I can't figure out how to do this.
The Developers ribbon shows that I have unrestricted access selected but I
can't change anything on the form.

How do I solve this problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SMOO SMOO is offline

Try:
Tools
Unprotect Document

"zalamander" wrote:

I have some forms that I made with Word 2003 they just had a regular lock, no
password or anything.
Now i have opened one up and filled it with data but I want to unlock it so
that I can spell check the text fields. I can't figure out how to do this.
The Developers ribbon shows that I have unrestricted access selected but I
can't change anything on the form.

How do I solve this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zalamander zalamander is offline

I'm using Word 2007 - there is no "tools" in the menu anymore

"SMOO" wrote:

Try:
Tools
Unprotect Document

"zalamander" wrote:

I have some forms that I made with Word 2003 they just had a regular lock, no
password or anything.
Now i have opened one up and filled it with data but I want to unlock it so
that I can spell check the text fields. I can't figure out how to do this.
The Developers ribbon shows that I have unrestricted access selected but I
can't change anything on the form.

How do I solve this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Zalamander:

Word 2007! Gee, then I guess you're out of luck. Unless you can get this
thing to work:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...CH100487431033

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm

zalamander wrote:
I'm using Word 2007 - there is no "tools" in the menu anymore

"SMOO" wrote:

Try:
Tools
Unprotect Document

"zalamander" wrote:

I have some forms that I made with Word 2003 they just had a
regular lock, no password or anything.
Now i have opened one up and filled it with data but I want to
unlock it so that I can spell check the text fields. I can't figure
out how to do this. The Developers ribbon shows that I have
unrestricted access selected but I can't change anything on the
form.

How do I solve this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

Hi zalamander,

You probably are missing just one step of what follows (the second one) but
I'll bung in all the steps anyway.

On the Developer tab, click the "Protect Document" button.

Suppress your instincts and expectations and click the "Restrict Formatting
and Editing" item. A "Restrict Formatting and Editing" task pane appears.

Click the "Stop Protection" button at the bottom of the pane.

Make your changes.

In the "Restrict Formatting and Editing" pane, click the "Allow only this
type of editing in the document:" check box in the "Editing restrictions"
section.

In the drop-down list, select Filling in Forms.

Click the "Yes, Start Enforcing Protection" button.

Optionally, supply a password when prompted.

Click the "Protect Document" button on the Developer tab.

Deselect the "Restrict Formatting and Editing" item to close the task pane.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Ed

"zalamander" wrote:

I'm using Word 2007 - there is no "tools" in the menu anymore

"SMOO" wrote:

Try:
Tools
Unprotect Document