Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Logo placement/viewing

I am having trouble viewing a logo in a document.

The logo needs to be placed in the top left of my document with the address
located directly across from the logo, on the top right.

I am able to set it up but when it is emailed as an attachment, the logo
does not appear to the recipient when viewed on the screen (although it does
print).

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Have you inserted the logo and address in the header of the document?

If yes, the problem could be one of the following:
If the recipient has Word 2003 and if the recipient has the setting Tools
Options General tab €śAllow starting in Reading layout€ť turned on, all
attachments will automatically open in Reading layout view - and
headers/footers are not shown in Reading layout view.
If Reading layout view is not the problem, it could be that the recipient
looks at the document in Normal view. Headers/footers are not visible in
Normal view (but they are in Print Layout view).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Kathy" wrote:

I am having trouble viewing a logo in a document.

The logo needs to be placed in the top left of my document with the address
located directly across from the logo, on the top right.

I am able to set it up but when it is emailed as an attachment, the logo
does not appear to the recipient when viewed on the screen (although it does
print).

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kathy Kathy is offline

That is exactly the problem. Thank you!

Does this continue to happen in later versions?

"Kathy" wrote:

I am having trouble viewing a logo in a document.

The logo needs to be placed in the top left of my document with the address
located directly across from the logo, on the top right.

I am able to set it up but when it is emailed as an attachment, the logo
does not appear to the recipient when viewed on the screen (although it does
print).

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I don't how this is/will be handled in later versions.

I think that the largest problem with Reading Layout in Word 2003 is that
the €śAllow starting in Reading layout€ť option is turned on by default (I have
only met very few people who appreciate Reading layout at all).

Note that once the user has turned off the €śAllow starting in Reading
layout€ť option, documents in attachments will open as any other document as
they did in older versions of Word.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg